MARKETING OPERATIONS MANAGER
Looking for a motivating, high-EQ, process-driven leader to manage multiple facets of agency operations – from marketing strategy and services delivery to culture and team building.
A little about us…
Hi, we're Bonafide. We like to think of ourselves as a group of wicked-smart, straight-shooting, modern-day marketers who are hell-bent on growing businesses and relationships. We use the web and bad-ass technology to help our clients find new customers online.
Our goal in starting this company was to create a place that didn’t feel like the traditional corporate work environment. A place where people feel respected, valued and enjoy putting their best foot forward to work towards a shared vision of success.
We have a great opportunity available for an experienced marketing operations manager at Bonafide. If you want to build your career with an amazing group of people and have a great time while doing so, then read on.
A little about the job…
In this position, you are directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the client marketing services delivery, internal marketing and other team building functions of the organization. You will be leading, managing and growing the team both personally and professionally. You will ensure the profitable, effective and efficient delivery of services for our clients.
You will have a bird’s eye view of what is happening across all client accounts, directing their strategy and managing the people responsible for execution. You own the marketing process, managing it from beginning to end and always working to improve it.
A little about you…
Beyond your skillset, we’re looking for the right mindset. We want people who share the values that define who we are as a company and what’s most important to us.
Our six core values together form the acronym OUTLAW, a word that embodies one of the reasons we exist – to create an alternative to the stuffy corporate workplace. If this sounds like you, then we want to talk.
You think and act like you own the company. You feel a sense of personal responsibility to your colleagues, our customers, the company and its overall success.
You are always growing personally and professionally. You don’t think you know it all and are constantly pushing yourself out of your comfort zone.
Thick as thieves.
You like people, and people like you. You forge strong relationships, are genuinely curious and take a personal interest in the success and well-being of others.
Love what you do.
You are passionate about what you do and why you do it – whatever “it” is. You chose the industry and the role you’re in, so you strive to become the best at it.
Attitude is everything.
You approach everything with the right attitude, outlook and problem-solving mentality. Your positivity and relentless solution-focused mentality is infectious.
Work smart to live well.
You get sh*t done, enjoy yourself and get the most out of life. Your time is valuable, and you respect it. You work hard, work smart and cut loose because you’ve earned it.
Who’s not a good fit?
Over time, we’ve learned a little about what we’re not looking for in a candidate. Let’s all save the time and headache if these sound like you.
- You lead with a stick. We’re looking for someone who can inspire people to do their best work, not bark orders or use their seniority alone to get results.
- You’re impatient. Our ideal candidate understands that people develop at different speeds and will work with them individually to support them in their roles.
- You have a hard time giving people feedback. A key part of this role is helping people perform at their best. This involves giving candid, direct feedback to people while keeping their morale high.
- You are temperamental. Managing people is tough work and comes with many frustrations. We’re looking for someone who can control their emotions, de-escalate issues and keep cool under pressure or in the face of conflict.
- You put yourself first. A key part of managing people is earning their trust. We’re looking for someone who can build sincere relationships with people, look out for them and make them feel safe coming to them for anything – not someone who will take credit for people’s work or throw them under the bus to protect themselves.
The job outcomes describe the results of a job well done – not what you do or how you do it. This is the ultimate measurable – if you accomplish these things you will bring huge value to the company.
- Our clients are hitting their sales and marketing goals, they love working with us and they’re increasing their investments.
- People are performing at their highest level, are motivated and engaged in their work, and their skills and capabilities are consistently improving.
- Our marketing operations and client services delivery is consistently becoming more effective, more efficient and more innovative.
- Direct, oversee and improve all client marketing strategy and services delivery.
- Work side-by-side with Account Managers to plan and project-manage work, manage resources and ensure deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Work side-by-side with Account Managers, sitting in on client meetings and developing genuine, long-term relationships with them alongside Account Managers.
- Translate client business goals into strategic marketing plans to be implemented by Account Managers.
- Advising Account Managers and serving as their primary resource for ideas, tactics, feedback and best practices.
- Conduct regular internal meetings with Account Managers, creatives and support staff to review and prioritize projects, provide feedback and eliminate roadblocks.
- Track and maintain project timelines, tasks and deliverables, allocating resources, adjusting schedules and assigning work as needed.
- Routinely auditing and improving our client services and offerings, helping us continually innovate and add to our capabilities.
- Serving as our point-person on all things HubSpot, including the tech stack, partner program and best practices.
- Manage agency resources with profitability and efficiency in mind.
- Spearhead team-building events, employee recognition, and other projects to ensure we celebrate success and maintain a strong company culture.
- Support internal projects and initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of agency experience in client servicing and/or account management.
- 3+ years of agency operations experience.
- Deep expertise in digital marketing, HubSpot and the inbound marketing and sales methodology.
- Excellent leadership and management capabilities; ability to hold people accountable.
- A relentlessly optimistic, solution-focused attitude and a high emotional intelligence (EQ).
- Must be highly organized and adept at project management; experience with project management tools and protocols.
- Ability to exhibit “radical candor”; an excellent communicator with diplomatic interpersonal skills.
- Constant self-development of soft skills and the latest tools and tactics in marketing, sales and technology.
- Ability to build strong, trusted relationships with people inside and outside the company.
Why work at Bonafide?
We put people first. Our founding principle was to create a workplace where people feel respected and valued.
You will learn a ton. We’re a small team and you will wear many hats. Many, many hats. You will work on all aspects of the business and learn about all of them.
We’re like a family. It sounds sappy, but we are. And we take care of each other like family.
We’re laid back. Great work doesn’t need to be done in a suit. We are pretensionless, laugh a lot and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Our moral compass is strong. We always, always do the right thing. For each other, our clients and everyone else we interact with.
We do great work. Not to toot our own horn, but we have impacted many businesses over the years and helped them grow. It feels pretty good.
Salary and benefits
- Salary based on experience and skill set
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- 3 weeks PTO (Paid Time Off) + 10 paid holidays (goes up incrementally)
- 401K retirement account
- Fun, energetic work environment
- Flextime options
- Career growth opportunities
- Access to training, industry events and conferences
- Quarterly team-building events
- Free coffee, snacks and catered breakfast on Fridays
- And a lot more!